Monday, July 2, 2018

I'm back!

It has been a long and amazing journey, that has left this blog woefully neglected.  But I am back, at least for the summer, and have some activities and files to share with you.  But first, let me give you a brief idea of what has been going on.

When I began this blog I was homeschooling my youngest child, who at the time was a preschooler.  I had attended college for a pre-k/elementary education degree which ironically led my husband and I to the decision to homeschool.  I did not, at the time, have an "educational philosophy" in mind.  We just knew we wanted something that the public schools could not offer.  So I began sharing here some of the things we were doing.

Over time I studied and researched and prayed and we finally settled on a Charlotte Mason approach about half way through our kindergarten year.  We decided to use Ambleside Online as our primary curriculum.  We gradually worked our way through, starting with the basics and over the last 4 years adding in the riches.  When she was in first grade, my 8th grade public school daughter encountered some bullying which led us to take her out of public school for the remainder of the year with the intent that she would return for high school.  She requested to complete her education at home and graduated this year!

Three years ago we also took in an adorable 11 month old little girl, and almost a year ago we opened our home to her newborn brother as well.  It has been an adventurous ride!

I plan to share with you over the summer (and possibly randomly throughout the year as time allows) some of the things I have created or used that have helped us along the way.  I hope they bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might like these...